Express Scripts Java Service Developer in Orlando, Florida
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our Information Technology (IT) team is seeking a passionate Software Development Engineer to transform and expand the capabilities of an existing web portal.Teams within our company are given a wide degree of freedom to craft innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business and end users.
Our high performance team seeks a motivated and creative individual that enjoys pushing the boundaries of software development.As a member of our team, you'll work with other enthusiastic engineers to apply new tools, technologies, and processes to build great software.You'll be supported by a management team that empowers engineers, removes roadblocks, and encourages innovation.You'll be presented with a wide variety of challenging assignments that allow you to showcase your skills and abilities.
The Software Development Engineer uses in-depth knowledge and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex software application programs. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming, and act as a resource for team members with less experience. The Software Development Engineer will code, test, debug, document and maintain software application programs.
- Provide efficient, simple solutions to complex business needs through innovation and critical thinking.Empowered and accountable for software/systems designs, including loosely coupled designs across verticals and platforms.
- Partner with fellow center of excellence (COE) members, Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operational teams to construct solutions while progressing towards the approved enterprise technology stack.
- Prepare, implement, and communicate new corporate initiatives/processes.
- Deliver reliable and secure software solutions that meet operational specifications.
- Complete projects and initiatives within agreed upon time frames.
- Participate in peer reviews of various artifacts.
- Perform application development while interfacing with collocated or remote peers, vendor partners, and/or consultants.
- Ensure an effective level of surveillance and monitoring is created to identify potential issues in production environments.
- Ensure defects are quickly triaged and mitigated or resolved.
- Identify areas for improvement, including process improvement, code synergies, etc.
- Represent IT in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Operations and cross-functional team members, providing data and technical insight from the application metrics, pertaining to business impact.
- Professional growth of knowledge across both technical and operational domains is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, preferably 1-2 years at ESI or in the PBM industry.
- Focus areas for this role will include the contact centers, digital channel engagement, and overall patient and physician engagement. Experience in these areas is a strong plus.
- 1+ years of experience developing applications with Java.
- In-depth knowledge of service infrastructure including REST and SOAP.
- Experience developing service infrastructure in Spring or similar.
- Experience with source control management tools such as Git, SVN, TFS or CVS.
- Experience with SOFEA / MULE, J2EE is a plus.
- Experience with development using HTML5, CSS is a plus.
- Experience with design patterns is a plus.
- Experience working within an Agile software development environment.
- Experience developing and deploying service layer/middleware applications in an enterprise scale environment.
- Ability to be an agent of change, handle complex technical problems, and create a culture that supports high team morale.
- Ability to work with high talent teams in local and remote locations.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Extensive understanding and experience with software debugging and integration techniques (API, Services, SOA).
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking “I wonder if I could do it this way…”? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high- performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.