Comcast Engineer 2, XOC - (Pleasanton/Sacramento, CA & Englewood, CO) in Sacramento, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcomed!
Candidates will be considered for our Sacramento, CA or Englewood, CO locations.
We are looking for a Video Operations Engineer who will be responsible for the administration and operation of the Arris DAC, and or Cisco DNCS/EC Video ecosystem for Comcast West Division. This individual will specialize in the maintenance and operation of the video platform including upgrading, deploying, and building video components. Responsible for being the escalation point-of-contact for all high level break/fix and maintenance issues or events for the XOC. Provides subject matter expertise for Video, and works closely with the engineering teams. Performs a variety of highly complex analytical duties in the planning development, testing, and evaluation of Comcast's network. Responds to escalations and resolves issues that arise from hardware and software failures. Manages network tuning, performance and designs strategies, and makes recommends to improve network performance.
- Engineer 2 XOC Video Desk duties performs the following: Participates in the review of video failures, as appropriate, andprovides feedback to prevent future occurrences within the established post mortem process. Accountable for video configuration audits and adherence to the golden configuration. Supports national desk for IP video delivery, cloud cdvr, and 2way conduit applications. Supports all channel migration from the headend to the CRAN. Supports all SD and HD channel launches. Uses all available tools to monitor and isolate IP video outages and impairments. Maintains all video delivery devices: For Arris platform -. ARPD, OM1000, RADD, CASMR and NC1500, or for Cisco platform QPSK, GQAM, NSG, VSRM and RF Gateway. Performs MPEG troubleshooting through a variety of highly complex analytical duties in the testing and evaluation of Comcast's network. Provides operational support for the DAC and or DNCS in conjunction with engineering and AVS. Directs Headend Technician(s) in troubleshooting network issues
- Performs a variety of highly complex analytical duties in the planning, development, testing, and evaluation of Comcast's network, including CRAN, CMTS, and the Video and IP platform. Works closely with engineering and national teams on network operations to ensure proper and efficient operations of the network.
- Measures volume and performance of the network traffic; identifies utilization and performance issues; designs strategies and recommendations to improve network performance. Provides necessary support for additions and changes.
- Devises and implements strategies for solving network issues or increasing network performance, including the development and production of network system documentation and instructional and procedural manuals for other employees to utilize in order to resolve problems or make network improvements. Supports all the OC tools and alarms, analyze systems needs and determines priority of devices attached to the network.
- Ensures the availability of networking services; studies, evaluates, analyzes, and monitors the network to determine problem areas and/or areas of concern. Monitors and isolates outages and impairments. Ensures that server databases and other related resources are properly maintained and devises strategies to improve performance of the network.
- Provides subject matter expertise for all network equipment, technical training, and support to other operational groups. Updates code and software to ensure proper system performance.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Basic Skills required:
-Cable TV Industry background
-Basic communication path: Satellite/CMC >Site >Multiplexer >QAM >RF >Set top
For Arris Platform:
-DAC controller, APEX, OM, RADD, ARPD, CPMS, NC1500, CASMR configuration knowledge
-Importing and exporting files, and scripting
-mux planning, EIA, and frequency knowledge
For Cisco Platform:
- Basic ssh/Linux commands
-Log into cli
-Run and understand the Doctor report
-Location of the log files./dvs/dncs/tmp/
-ftp is used to load emm/.tar files for CCard security elements
-Set-top diagnostics for troubleshooting
-Especially page one and two (RF Parameters, Boot status)
-Basic DBDS core devices
-Linear Video-BFS GQam, GQAM/NSG, QPSK Mod
-VOD RFGW or NSG
- Sign into and navigate the EC WUI
- Building and supporting channel launches
-Provisioning a service from start to finish
- Provision network components
-GQAM, QPSK, RFGW, etc.
- Mentor and leadership ability
- Show initiative
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Communication to Senior Leadership
- CCNA preferred
- JNCIA preferred
- Linux/Unix Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Great design and problem solving skills
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
- Comfortable working a fast paced agile environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer