Northwell Health Food Service Supervisor in Valley Stream, New York
Req Number 001PXC
Job Category Food Service
1. Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and assists in performance evaluations of staff.
2. Prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational service.
3. Ensures timely delivery of meals, snacks and late trays to patients.
4. Instructs employees in the proper use of equipment and sanitation techniques. Ensures adherence to established policies and procedures. Reports malfunctioning equipment to management.
5. Conducts sanitation inspections for assigned areas as directed.
6. Participates in departmental Performance Improvement initiatives and recommends changes to work flow and systems as necessary.
7. Documents meal testing results and resolves unacceptable outcomes.
8. Oversees catering for special functions including reserving room, set-up and break down.
9. Investigates customer complaints and reports findings to management.
10. Responsible for cash control.
11. Performs related duties, as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Completion of Dietary Manager’s 120 hour course, required.
Associate’s Degree in Food Service, Dietetics, Nutrition or related field, required.
Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible Food Service experience, required. Experience in a Hospital, restaurant or industrial setting, preferred.